Having those questions in mind, you have stepped in the right place. We will show you in this step by step guide how you can start your own WordPress blog in 2017 & start making money while working right just from your home.
Before we proceed ahead, let’s give answers to some of your most irritating questions you might have in your mind.
What is a WordPress Blog?
A blog is a Diary/Page/Website of yours that allows you to share your knowledge, ideas, suggestions & reviews with the rest of the world after setting it up online on a server. Basically, there are a few things you need to know about before you get started with Blogging.
- A Domain Name & Web Hosting.
- Blogging Platform usually WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr or any other one.
- Basic Knowledge of these Platforms. ( Don’t be panic, I’ll show you how to start a blog on WordPress & how to use it below)
Now we can understand what a blog is. While writing WordPress before a Blog means a WordPress Blog that is hosted & built using WordPress.
WordPress Vs Blogger Vs Tumblr: Which One is Best For Blogging?
We know there out are a few Blogging Platforms and every platform comes with different features, options & different themes. When told the fact, WordPress has literally more than 20 Millions active sites & blogs around the world which makes WP standalone platform which is used by most of the webmasters.
Most of the popular sites use WordPress as their preferred platform and the reason & the fact behind it is the control over the entire blog and data, Simplicity, Tweaking & other useful features which other blogs don’t have.
Here’s why I would recommend you WordPress over Blogger & Tumblr.
WordPress is Better than Blogger & Tumblr: Why?
- Open Source & Free CMS (Content Management System) [Custom Domain & Web Hosting Needed].
- Once set up WordPress on your blog, it’s all yours and you have the control over your blog, data, and everything.
- Free Plugins & Themes available along with other third-party Premium & Free Plugins & Themes.
- More than 26% of Internet sites & blogs are powered by WordPress.org.
- Lets you install WordPress at one click also called One-Click WordPress Installation.
- Easy to manage your entire blog from the WP Dashboard.
- By default, WP is not a secure platform but third-party Plugins available that will bullet-proof your blog’s security.
- Owned & Powered by Google itself under the name of Blogger.com.
- From bottom to top, your blog is protected & secured until someone knows your Google account because all of your blogs are built under your Google Email also called Gmail account.
- Free & Premium themes available but not Plugins like WordPress.
- Setting Up Blogger is quite easy & free in the beginning as well [Don’t need a domain & web hosting in the beginning]
- Easy to manage your entire blog from the backend of your Blogger dashboard.
- With Blogger, your blog is not under your control since your blog can be deleted by Blogger Team at any time without any prior notice for any reason or for no reason.
- Free & open source platform.
- Unlike WordPress, Tumblr doesn’t have software download feature which you can set up on your blog but rather you’ll just create an account with Tumblr, choose a subdomain in the beginning and then, later on, you can add your custom domain name to your Tumblr blog if you want to do so.
- Tumblr is Bullet-proof to security attacks.
- Free & Premium themes available.
- The backend & dashboard of Tumblr is fairly easy to manage. With a single editor, you can write anything & share anything effortlessly.
Having the above points in mind, we better know that WordPress is the only standalone platform for blogging that can really help us in starting a profitable & topnotch blog. So, for blogging purpose, we’ll use WordPress and we’ll show you how to start a WordPress blog here.
So without any further writing, let’s start.
How to Start a WordPress Blog [Step by Step]?
The first requirement for starting a WordPress blog is a custom domain name & web hosting. Let’s learn here:
How to Buy a Domain Name & Web Hosting for WordPress Blog?
To get started, visit Bluehost, the #1 hosting provider for WP blogs and is completely friendly to WordPress & its functionalities and plugins because most of other hosting companies don’t support most of the WP plugins such as Yoast SEO & others. So it’s better to choose Bluehost. ( Another fact of using Bluehost as your preferred hosting provider is because WP itself recommends it over other hosting providers for WP).
====> We have a special deal for you from Bluehost so Click our Bluehost Promo link here to get a free domain name & a huge discount on your hosting plans.
Once clicked the promo link, you are now on the Bluehost discounted page. Click the Get Started button.
Select your plan according to your requirements.
After selecting a plan, now on the next page, choose your Domain name & then click next.
In the next page, provide all of the required details such as your Name, Email Address etc & then under the Package Information, choose your prefer Account Plan & all other add-ons & features etc are optional such as Site Backup Pro, Search Engine Jumpstart etc.
And under the Payment Information, provide your Credit Card or ATM card details & don’t forget to click the Submit button to complete the registration process.
Once successfully finished from this stage, on the next page, choose your Bluehost cPanel password.
Once everything is done fairly, now you need to log into your Bluehost cPanel. You’ll be presented with some welcome & other stuff so all you have to do is ignore them if you don’t notice any of them important.
After logging into your Bluehost cPanel, choose any of the themes given there and then on the next screen, click on Start Building!. Now choose Business or Personal and then click on the Launch button.
On the next page, provide your blog Title & site description or Tagline. You can change this later as well.
Once you set up WordPress on your domain name, now you can log into your WordPress Blog Dashboard right away just by putting ‘ /wp-admin ‘ after the domain name as shown in the example here.
Be in Rest because WordPress is finally Installed on your Domain name.
Now visit this important post to do Basic WordPress configuration.
After that, you can now start publishing new articles & by the time, you can also start making money on your blog right away.
Here are more posts you’ll like to read after installing WordPress:
- How to Buy WordPress Themes Online?
- How to add attractive Social Share buttons to your blog images?
- How to Build Backlinks using Blog Commenting?
Recap of Starting WordPress Blog:
- Choose your preferred Blogging Platform.
- Buy a Domain Name & Web Hosting from Bluehost.
- Set up WordPress on your Domain Name.
- Lastly, start publishing on your blog.
This step by step guide will help you start your own blog in 2017 and start making money with your blog right away. I know you might have a lot of questions flowing right in your mind, so don’t hesitate to ask below in the comments.